Wednesday 3 May 2017

Row your boat

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a few years now, you may know that ever since moving to Norway I have been involved in the annual May 17th rowing race. May 17th is the national holiday of Norway with parades and other things. One of those other things is the rowing race. 

I joined the first year without really knowing what I had signed up for and then I just kept doing it. This year will be the first year we will be there with not one, but two boats! Well, as long as we can get everyone together for once. Last Sunday it was our first training and out of 16 (including two reserves), four showed up. Some had to work, some had other commitments. 

Tonight we had our second training. A few had to work, some forgot, but in the end there were eight of us in the boat (there is room for seven). Oh, and two dogs! But it was fun and a good training for those that had done it before and a great introduction to the new recruits. 

We have a few more training sessions to do, although I won't be at the next one (I will be at home in the Netherlands), but most know what to do anyway. I am back on steering duty and looking forward to the race on May 17th.

7 comments:

  1. Go thou gently down the stream, fair maiden. Thee and thine boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    hehehe love Anvil's take on it!!! yes, you are an 'old salt' now, so one missed session won't be too bad. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you keeping so active! I bet it's lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's certainly more fun than running or cycling! I just steer the boat...

      Delete
  4. Glad you showed up. Practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the rest decide to do their part for the team!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!