Monday 20 March 2017

Too soon

Last Friday I was thinking out loud at work. It had been over a month since my last seriously bad headache. Which occurred at my parents'. I had had one since, but it had been quite mild. I was therefor quite pleased, because it showed that the higher fluid intake was working. Of course... I spoke too soon!

Because the day before (on Thursday) I had started getting a scratchy throat. Swallowing hurt. Nothing else though. On the Friday, I started to sniff and needed to make sure I had enough tissues with me. On Saturday, the scratchy throat was okay, but the sniffing was worse and by the end of the day my sinuses were clogged, as was my nose and my head started to not feel quite so good.

On Sunday I woke with clogged sinuses, a headache and a red, raw and running nose. By 4.30pm, I called work to say I wasn't coming in today. I had to repeat myself three times before he heard properly due to my scratchy voice.

So, that's where I am today: at home with a headache and clogged sinuses and a red, raw and blocked nose. 

In the photo you can see my 'medication'. Tissues, salt water solution (to combat the blocked nose), paracetamol (to combat the headache) and lip balm (to combat both my dry lips and my raw nose). 

*Hatchoo*

12 comments:

  1. Mr. G has just finished with his cold ! Fortunately I can't get it through blogging ! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you recover quickly and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we have had the same thing, worlds apart as we are. Thankfully, I didn't get the headache. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Gezondheid!!! Sounds a bit like the thing I had in Sydney. The headache this time, at least, has a purpose (or an excuse..??) and is at least explainable! Soup. Soup always helps. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The headache has a reason this time. I wish it didn't though, because it always makes me feel extra blergh!

      Tomato soup tonight. It's the only type I have in the house...

      Delete
  5. I hope you feel better soon! I had a scratchy throat yesterday, and a stuffy nose this morning. I hope I'm not coming down with something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no....Mara we are sorry to read the creeping crud jump on you totally without any warning.
    Take care...drink lots of fluids...
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH... Sooooo sorry. Get Well Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no! We hope you are felling better by now.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds miserable! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you are not feeling well : > {

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry, hope your feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!